Retreat for Non-Chatspeakers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Led by the all-powerful Sharubii.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Glocky  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Site Rules

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sharubii
Admin
Sharubii

Site Rules Empty
PostSubject: Site Rules   Site Rules Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 7:20 pm

I've been meaning to do this for awhile, but never had the motivation to post this up. :u I'd figured that you all knew the rules already, but I decided to get my lazy butt working and put this up. So here are the rules, if you forgot them or are new or something.

These are subject to change, since I had to do some heavy-duty editing to the rules I had saved on my computer. Can you believe, the only version of these rules I had were from when we were on FooPets?

General
  • No chatspeaking. Duh.
  • Chatspeak means substituting letters or numbers for actual words to shorten typing time (ie "lyk omg u r sooo kewl!")
  • Acronyms like brb, gtg, bbl, lol, rofl (you get the idea) are allowed.
  • In many cases, regular chatters will use chatspeak as part of a joke; take note that this is actually allowed since it's just too darn hilarious. xD Just don't do so excessively, or you will be penalized.
  • No spamming. This includes posting a random mishmash of letters with no apparent meaning in one post, posting pictures irrelevant to the topic being discussed, posting eggs to be clicked in a topic, overflowing the cbox with posts when it's unnecessary to do that, etc.
  • If you catch a troll in the act, do not start flaming them; tell the person politely to stop doing what they are doing, then report them to an administrator or moderator.
  • Respect everybody, and you will be respected in turn.
  • Don't. Fight. I'm happy-go-lucky and usually very cheerful, but I take my job very seriously, and believe you me: I can become serious at the bat of an eyelash. I will not allow anybody to harass another member, or let fights continue. If you so wish to continue your quarrel, PM each other. But don't spam my site with your nonsense.
  • Failure to abide by the rules will result in consequences; and if you are banned from Retreat, then you are banned from Retreat. If I or any of my staff members catches you making a new account to avoid that banning, there will be very serious consequences.

Forums
  • As stated before, no excessive chatspeaking or spam.
  • Please stay on topic; if you happen upon a topic for dogs and you want to talk about cats, then make a different thread about cats, please.
  • Please post threads in the right board. Introductions goes in the introductions board; roleplay goes in the roleplaying boards; etc.
  • Please, absolutely no cursing (besides damn, hell, crap, and ass) or extensively vulgar material unless you mark your thread's title with an [M], or the thread you're posting in has an [M] in its title.
  • Do not rant about other members of this site in the Rants board.

Cbox
  • As stated before, no excessive chatspeaking or spam.
  • There is a curse word filter on the regular cbox; however, don't abuse this system and curse however much you want. This will result in warnings and suspension from the cboxes.
  • No vulgar material in the regular cbox.
  • For an uncensored chat, there is a link on the site's navbar to the "Mcbox" – the Mature Cbox. Use that cbox if you're looking to curse and be perverted or something.
Back to top Go down
https://retreat.forumotion.com

Site Rules

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Retreat for Non-Chatspeakers :: Written in Stone :: Rules-